Departs and Operates
·Tour Type: Exclusive Private Tour
·Vehicle: Car or Van
·Departs: 8:00am or 1:30pm
·Duration: Approx. 4 hours
·Pick-up: Your midtown Hotel
• You will take a tour of Tiananmen Square, the largest public square in the world, and the political (and infamous) center of China
• You’ll also get to see some of the overlooked sights in Beijing, such as the Xidan Commercial Street, Beijing’s Financial Street, the Military Museum of the Chinese People’s Revolution, the China Millennium Monument, and the CCTV Tower, the tallest building in Beijing
• You will be accompanied on your tour by a professional English-speaking guide, which will make your tour informative, fun, and worry-free
1. We will pick you up from your hotel, and from there we will drive directly to Tiananmen Square. On the way to Tiananmen, we will pass through Chang’an Avenue, the political and cultural hub of China. With the Tiananmen Tower and the Tiananmen Square as its centers, The Chang'an Avenue extends 46 kilometers between the Tongzhou Canal Square in the east and Shijingshan District in the west. It is regarded as the widest and longest street in the world, and many organizations and departments of the central government are located on both sides of the street.
2. We will arrive at Tiananmen Square, The largest public square in the world, Tiananmen Square is seen as China’s political center. Its grounds have seen some turbulent moments, from the May 4th Movement of 1919 to the political turmoil of 1989. The south of the square is marked by the Chairman Mao Memorial Hall, while the center of the square is dominated by the Monument to the People’s Heroes, an imposing 10-story granite obelisk. To the east is the National Museum of China, and to the west is the Great Hall of the People, home to China’s legislative bodies. The north of the square is dominated by the Gate of Heavenly Peace, known for its iconic portrait of Mao Zedong, and is the national emblem of China.
3. After our tour of Tiananmen, we will go on a tour of some other interesting Beijing landmarks, Just to the west of Tiananmen Square is the commercial and shopping hub of Xidan. It is the second most notable shopping street in Beijing after Wangfujing Street. Xidan runs through the three commercial areas of Xidan, Xisi and Xinjiekou. You can find the famous Xidan Department Store, the Xidan Shopping Center, the Xiangyun Chinese Fine Goods Store, a street market and a big flower market.
4. Then we’ll cruise down a symbol of China’s rising economic clout, Beijing’s financial street. Over 200 major enterprises have moved into the financial street. The financial street has become the financial center of financial institutions and business buildings in Beijing. At the same time it has been equipped with all kinds of service facilities like telecommunication, business, catering and cultural and entertainment etc.
5. Further west we’ll come across the Military Museum of the Chinese People’s Revolution, a grandiose building built in the high Stalinist/Soviet style. The building was one of the ten major landmarks built in time for the tenth anniversary of the People’s Republic in 1959. The museum consists of two 4-story wings and a main building of 7 stories topped with the gilded emblem of the Chinese People’s Liberation Army. It holds over 500 photographs and over 1,000 mementos of the Chinese revolution whichwas led by Mao Zedong for a course of half a century.
6. Just near the Military Museum is the Chinese Millennium Monument. The China Millennium Monument is dubbed China' s symbolic and commemorative structure to usher in the Year 2000 and the new Millennium. It is a present for the 21st century world from the Chinese people, standing in China' s capital Beiling.
7. Our final stop on today’s tour will be the CCTV Tower, a marvel of China’s modern architecture. It is the highest building in Beijing, China. It has an observation platform at the height of 238m, and the top of its antenna rod is as high as 405m. It offers a panoramic view over the city from its revolving restaurant and watch deck. It is listed as one of the members of the World Federation of Great Towers.
8. You will then be dropped off directly at your hotel.